After much planning and anticipation the 5th and final APLAC PAC Joint Annual Meetings incorporating the 24th APLAC General Assembly was held at the Kyoto International Conference Center (ICC Kyoto) in Kyoto, Japan from 1 to 9 June 2018. We would like to thank our hosts IAJapan, ISMS-AC, JAB and VLAC, Japan for their hospitality and organisation of a very successful week of meetings.
At the 40th MRA Council meeting we were very pleased to announce the following recognition decisions.
Congratulations go to the following members:
- PJLA (USA) extension of scope of recognition to include Inspection.
The signatory status of the following members was also continued:
- TAF (Chinese Taipei) for Calibration, Testing, Medical, Inspection, RMP and PTP;
- ANAB (USA) for Calibration, Testing, Inspection, RMP and PTP;
- AIHA-LAP (USA) for Testing;
- ema (Mexico) for Calibration, Testing, Medical, Inspection, RMP and PTP;
- JAS-ANZ (Australia and New Zealand) for Inspection;
- SCC (Canada) for Calibration, Testing and Medical.
Elections were held for office bearer positions and we congratulate the following on their election, commencing at the end of the APLAC General Assembly:
APLAC Board of Management
- Jennifer Evans of NATA, Australia (APLAC Chair)
- Dr Llewellyn Richards of IANZ, New Zealand (APLAC MRA Council Chair)
- Shaharul Sadri Alwi of Standards Malaysia, Malaysia (Treasurer)
- Kukuh Achmad of KAN, Indonesia
- Isao Fujita of IAJapan, Japan
- Trace McInturff of A2LA, USA
- Vu Xuan Thuy of BoA, Viet Nam
- Wong Wang Wah (Immediate Past Chair)
- He Ping of CNAS, PR China, Proficiency Testing Committee Chair
- Kelvin Shih of TAF, Chinese Taipei, Public Information Committee Chair
- Brad Moore of NVLAP, USA, Technical Committee Chair
- Brahim Houla of GAC, GCC Member States, Training Committee Chair
The inaugural APAC GA/Plenary 2019 will be hosted by SAC, Singapore in Singapore from 15 to 22 June 2019.